All students are capable of more than they believe; I offer a range of services
to help unlock this hidden potential:
Educational Assessments (Learning Difficulties)
Educational Assessments (Gifted & Talented)
I am a qualified secondary school and special education teacher with 15 years
In my sessions, I aim to create a safe and supportive environment where students feel free to be themselves and feel valued for who they are. I will enthusiastically celebrate your son’s successes and highlight his strengths. I will encourage your daughter to become a learning warrior – brave, resilient and determined. I will always give you honest feedback about how your child is progressing.
I use evidence-based practices and programs to build your child’s skills and confidence. I have completed both MSL (Multisensory Structured Langauge) training through IMSLE and Yoshimoto OG (Orton-Gillingham) and Multisensory Maths training with Ron Yoshimoto. I am trained in Talk for Writing and MultiLit Spell-It, and am currently undertaking LETRS training through DSF in WA.
I have worked in both the Government and the Catholic sectors in various teaching and leadership positions and have a Master’s degree in Learning Intervention (Specific Learning Difficulties). I am a consultant member of Learning Difficulties Australia.
I have a particular interest in dyslexia, dyscalculia and twice-exceptionality and specialise in the late primary to early secondary school years (Grade 4 – Year 9).
In February 2019, I established The Dyslexia Hub in Greensborough. The Dyslexia Hub brings together a multidisciplinary team of specialists to support, empower and connect children and young people with dyslexia and other learning differences.
If you would like to know a little bit more about my background, I wrote this blog post.
* I am a passionate advocate of inclusive education.
* I celebrate neurodiversity.
* I believe that all young people deserve to experience success at school.
* I encourage all students to better understand their own unique learning profile.
* I believe in the importance of teaching in a way that meets students where they are at.
* I believe that all students have gifts that need to be celebrated.
* I believe that all students have challenges that need to be overcome.
* I believe that learning is about growth, not results.
* I believe that young people need to be in charge of their own learning – with ownership comes empowerment.